How To Service And Pack Steering Bearings Yamaha FJR1300 – This is specifically for the Yamaha FJR1300 at it’s 16,000 service points but it also applies generally to most other bikes as well. Most of this is repeat from the steering bearing re-torque procedure that’s due periodically as well, but you need to know how to drop the front end to access the bearings. Use Lithium grease and just wipe out the old. If you see and wear, marks, pitting, rust, damage to the balls, races, cages or any surface – you need to replace the bearings. If not you are good to go and this service in conjunction with no front end impacts will ensure you long life from your steering bearing sets. You need the special spanner and a torque wrench. Torque the lower nut to 37 then 13 ft./lbs. The top nut to 87 and the pinch bolts to 19.
Subscribe on youtube!
Help me reach my 100k goal by sharing!
Join the FJR1300 Enthusiasts Group on Facebook to connect with tons of other great people to discuss the bike, farkles, repairs, mods, buy/sell, show your pics, rides, videos and more!
- Custom Dynamics Probeam Low Profile Led Taillight For Harley | Red Vs Smoke
- European Motorcycle Trip 2019 | Trailer
- Custom Dynamics ProBeam Dynamic Led Vent Inserts For Road Glide
- You asked for it! | New Puig Touring Windscreen | KTM 1290 Super Adventure
- Rottweiler Mirror Review KTM Adventure Bike 790 1090 1190 1290